$5,000 SIGN-ON BONUS for CLASS B DRIVERS
Ready to get off the road and be home every day? Then GME / AVW has the job for YOU!!
We have IMMEDIATE OPENINGS for ALL Class B Drivers!
Gold Medal Environmental / Apple Valley Waste is the area s leading trash company, and our drivers are not just a part of our family but a part of our communities as well. We are looking for motivated and hardworking drivers that take pride in giving back to our communities with the safe and responsible removal of our communities trash by safely and efficiently operating Rear Load, Front load, and Roll Off garbage trucks on our municipal streets, alleyways, highways, customer sites, and construction sites.
What We Offer-
- We provide an essential service to our communities year-round.
- Stable and Competitive pay with family benefits, 401 (k) with company match, vacation, and a great management team that trains you for future growth.
- On the job training
- Paid time off to include holidays.
- Individual and Family Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance Options.
- Life Insurance Options.
- Weekly Pay / Direct Deposit
- $23 Hourly rate
- $5,000 Sign-On Bonus Program
- Ability to read, write and effectively communicate.
- Able to lift objects to shoulder height weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Able to operate lever hand controls for hydraulic machinery.
- Available to work 6 days per week as necessary.
- Performs complete pre and post trip/operations inspection of the vehicle daily.
- Safely operates his/her heavy diesel/alternative fuel trucks along designated route and to disposal site.
- Able to read route sheets, follows map, utilizes company tablets, and services each customer as identified on the route sheet and or tablet or as assigned by the dispatcher and/or supervisor.
- Operates manual and/or automatic controls and packing and discharge cylinder mechanisms in accordance with Company safety policies and procedures to lift and load refuse, operates compactor, and dispose of collected material at the designated facility.
- Courteously interacts with all team members, customers, dispatchers, and others daily to ensure all customer routes are serviced in a timely and professional manner.
- Identifies unsatisfactory waste containers/carts and tag containers/carts in accordance with
applicable company procedures.
- Cleans area around an accidental waste spill, ensuring adherence to all applicable safety standards and policies.
- Residential Refuse Drivers are required to get out of the cab as needed to assist the helper with loading material into the collection truck.
- Continuously monitors the condition of the vehicle to ensure it is always operationally ready to minimize down time; cleans waste from the packer blade and truck body on each disposal trip.
- Maintains adherence to required productivity standards for the department to ensure all customers are serviced in a timely and efficient manner.
- May be required to perform helper duties.
- Follow all required safety policies and procedures.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Valid Class B or higher commercial driver s license with air brakes endorsement.
- Must have a current DOT Medical card.
- Must meet the requirements of 49 CFR 383.51 as well as any other local, state, or federal requirements applicable.
- Must be willing and able to throw/load trash/recycle as our helpers do as required.
- Must have a Can Do attitude.
- Ability to read, write and effectively communicate.
- Must be flexible with running different routes and helper position as well as start times.
- Preferred - High School diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 1 year of prior experience driving Class B or higher CDL vehicles.
- The normal setting for this position is operating a commercial sanitation vehicle and as such, this work is performed outdoors, with exposure in all seasonal weather conditions, including heat, snow, cold, rain, and wind.
- Safety is of the utmost importance as employees are required to enter and exit the vehicle frequently.
- Employees are frequently exposed to noise, vibration, dirt, dust, grease, and foul odors.
- The work requires mandatory use of personal protective equipment (including boots, gloves, high visibility vests, safety glasses, hard hats, and uniforms).
- Exposure to moving automobile traffic while working outside the truck and working in highly congested traffic areas.
To successfully perform the essential functions of the job, the employee must be able to work in this environment and perform all duties as described below:
- Ability to pass a Functional Capacity Exam.
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) associated with working in this type of environment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
Percentage of Work Time Spent on Activity
Visual acuity: Correctable to 20/20. Must be able to read computer screen and various reports
Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with employees and others
Ability to climb, bend, stoop, twist and reach in front of body, overhead and to the floor.
Exert physical effort in handling objects (grab, lift, move, place, shift, pull, push, adjust) 25-50 pounds of force
Fine Motor Control: Required to have motor control and coordination of hands, wrist, and finger dexterity to write, type, use of steering wheel, shifting, equipment and machine operation, etc.
WORK STYLE REQUIREMENTS:
- Dependability Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Stress Tolerance Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
- Achievement/Effort Job requires establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
- Integrity Job requires being honest and ethical at all times.
- Attention to Detail Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Cooperation Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Adaptability/Flexibility Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and be open to a variety of tasks and assignments in the workplace.
- Self-Control Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- Initiative Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Persistence Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
- Independence Job requires guiding oneself with little or no supervision.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature of the essential duties and primary responsibilities and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Gold Medal Environmental, Apple Valley Waste is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce fostering a culture where we can retain, develop, and ensure our best talent is working in an environment where every employee feels included, valued, and recognized.
You are an at-will employee. Your employment with the Company is not to be considered permanent or for any guaranteed length of time, inclusive of completion of probationary/introductory/evaluation time periods for evaluating expectations, whether successful or not. Our employment relationship will continue if it is mutually satisfactory to both parties. You may resign at any time, with or without notice. Likewise, the company may terminate your employment at any time, for any reason it deems necessary.