Overall Job Summary
This position is responsible for interacting with customers and team members, supporting selling initiatives and performing assigned tasks, while providing legendary customer service.Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Min 5%)
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Work scheduled shifts and have the ability to work varied hours, days, nights, weekends and overtime as dictated by business needs.
- Take the initiative to support selling initiatives (GURA):
- Greet the Customer
- Uncover the Customers' needs
- Recommend products
- Ask for the Sale
- Team Members are required to perform a combination of the following duties during 95 percent of their day. Although the mix may vary from one day to another, our business and staffing model makes it essential that every Team Member be able to perform all of the following duties accurately, efficiently and safely on a regular basis and without advance notice:
- Operate cash register/computer following cash handling procedures as established by Tractor Supply Company
- Recovery of merchandise
- Participate in mandatory freight process
- Complete Plan-o-gram procedures (merchandising, sets, and resets)
- Assemble merchandise
- Perform janitorial duties
- Execute price changes/markdowns
- Operate Forklift (unless under the age of 18)
- Operate Cardboard Baler (unless under the age of 18)
- Assist customers with loading purchases
- Ensure the safety and well-being of birds. Sanitize and maintain poultry holding tanks and care for birds as required
- Complete all documentation associated with any of the above job duties
- Team Members also may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma is preferred
No experience is requiredHigh Demand IT Specialized SkillsPlatform KnowledgePreferred knowledge, skills or abilities
- Farming, ranching, pet/equine, or welding knowledge is strongly preferred.
- Ability to read, write, and count accurately.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to resolve issues ethically and with minimal conflict.
- Working environment is favorable, generally working inside with moderate noise.
- Indoor floors and outdoor lots generally are hard surfaces (concrete, asphalt, etc.) lighting and temperature are adequate.
- Work shifts vary from one store to another, but generally are no less than 4 hours and may exceed 8 hours
- Promote a safe and productive work environment for Team Members and customers and adhere to Company safety training and guidelines
- Ability to move and transfer merchandise, weighing up to 50 pounds, throughout the store.
- Ability to push and pull merchandise up to 2,000 pounds with the assistance of proper material handling equipment (e.g. pallet jack).
- Ability to occasionally lift or reach merchandise overhead.
- Ability to frequently stand, kneel, twist, crouch, squat, bend, stoop, and climb ladders.
- Ability to move throughout the store for an entire shift.
- Ability to safely access all areas of the store including selling floor, side lot, stock area, and register area.
- Ability to operate and use all equipment necessary to run a store (e.g. dolly, handtruck, forklift, baler, computer, cash register) (forklift and baler requirements do not apply if under the age of 18).
- Ability to constantly operate store equipment such as computer, cash register, and other store equipment.
- Ability to read, write, and count accurately to complete all documentation.
- Ability to utilize strong written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with team members.
- Ability to process information / merchandise through the point-of-sale system.
- Ability to handle and be in contact with birds/poultry.
- Ability to successfully complete all required training.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. A team member should perform all duties as assigned by his/ her supervisor.ALREADY A TEAM MEMBER?
You must apply or refer a friend through our internal portal
Click here CONNECTION
Our Mission and Values are more than just words on the wall - they're the one constant in an ever-changing environment and the bedrock on which we build our culture. They're the core of who we are and the foundation of every decision we make. It's not just what we do that sets us apart, but how we do it.
We believe in managing your time for business and personal success, which is why we empower our Team Members to lead balanced lives through our benefits total rewards offerings. fot full-time and eligible part-time TSC and Petsense Team Members. We care about what you care about!
A lot of care goes into providing legendary service at Tractor Supply Company, which is why our Team Members are our top priority. Want a career with a clear path for growth? Your Opportunity is Out Here at Tractor Supply and Petsense.
Join Our Talent Community...