Location Caroline County, VA
Apply Now (
A laborer assists the electricians with manual labor tasks. Job Description:
The incumbent is responsible for:
- A laborer assists the electricians with manual labor tasks.
Job Working Conditions and Environment:
- Erecting and disassembling scaffolding, shoring, braces, and other temporary structures.
- Loading and unloading trucks and distributing electrical materials, machinery, and tools to the appropriate job site locations.
- Hauling and hoisting materials.
- Digging ditches, moving materials, and cleaning job site as the project progresses in order to assist electricians.
- Site clean-up
This position is physically demanding and often requires working outdoors while exposed to all types of weather conditions and while working in all types of environments. For example, the incumbent may be required to work, depending on the job location and the time of year, in the heat, cold, rain and snow. This position also requires working at extreme heights, in areas that are under construction, or in restricted areas such as a switchgear room, manhole, utility tunnel, crawl space or attic. The incumbent must be able to access work areas that are accessible only by O.S.H.A. approved site construction ladders or stairs that are under construction. Additionally, this position requires flexible work hours. In order to get a project completed on time, laborers are often required to work overtime, weekends and night shifts. The incumbent must work in the presence of customers and their representatives with little or no interference or disruption to the customer while maintaining a professional and courteous image. Years of Experience:
- Prior work related skill, knowledge or experience is helpful but not required.
- The incumbent has a high school degree or the equivalent.
- The incumbent must pass a background investigation and a drug test.
- Must have reliable transportation and be willing to work on M.C. Dean
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Lifts at least 100 pounds at one time and 60 pounds for an extended period of time.
- Relocates a 12 foot stepladder without assistance.
- Works at various heights up to 60 feet and can climb and maintain balance on scaffolds, aerial lifts, catwalks and all types of ladders.
- Walks, climbs, lifts, squats, crawls, kneels, pushes, pulls and reaches overhead on a routine and repetitive basis.
- Possess good vision (may be corrected vision), the ability to see in color, and the ability to hear and communicate in English.
- May use a standard ladder without exceeding the weight limit while carrying tools.
- Tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (including finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
- See details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
Applicants for this position may be required to prove that they have received the COVID-19 vaccine or demonstrate that they have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled VEVRAA Contractor