**Delivery Driver (CDL or Non-CDL)**
**Transportation - Newport News, VA - Full Time**
A Kempsville Building Materials (a division of Carter Lumber) Delivery Specialist (CDL or Non-CDL!) is responsible for transporting and dropping off materials while providing professional customer service to contractors and do-it-yourselfers. This is accomplished by appropriately using company vehicles and equipment to deliver products to customers in a safe and timely manner. Safety, building loads, inventory control and product knowledge are all components of this position. A strong belief in the mission and goals of the company are necessary to this position.
**Requirements to be Considered for the Position:**
* Previous delivery experience, preferably with building materials
* An acceptable driving record and a valid license (valid CDL, if applicable)
* Familiarity with building materials and delivery equipment is desirable
* Ability to participate effectively as a team member
* Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays
**Responsibilities of the Position :**
* Responsible for delivering material to customers jobsites using the most efficient route available.
* Complies with all highway rules and regulations.
* Ensures that delivery schedules are met while providing friendly and professional service.
* Assists customers with loading and/or unloading of materials while at the job site.
**Knowledge & Training:**
* Identifies personal growth needs and learning opportunities.
* Completes required orientation and safety training.
* Commits to continued learning on products, packages, procedures and more.
* Meets and greets contractors and do-it-yourselfers while providing exceptional customer service by assisting with the selection and loading of materials.
* Accurately pulls and stages materials to be picked up or delivered to ensure schedules are met.
* Contributes to maintaining the inventory in the yard by conducting cycle counts, keeping the yard organized, ensuring the correct material is shipped and received.
* Follows all policies and procedures in the yard including sales, inventory and safety.
* Properly uses and maintains all equipment.
**Benefits Provided (full-time employees):**
* Medical Insurance
* Vision Insurance
* Dental Insurance
* Disability Insurance
* Life Insurance
* Employer-matching 401(k) Plan
Apply: Delivery Driver (CDL or Non-CDL) * Required fields First name* Last name* Email address* Location * Phone number* Resume* or
Attach resume as .pdf, .doc, .docx, .odt, .txt, or .rtf (limit 5MB) or
Paste your resume here or
Cover Letter Desired Wage or Salary (please provide):* if yes, describe in detail If you answered yes to being convicted of a felony or misdemeanor, please describe in detail Please enter your most recent employer (Employer 1):* Please enter your dates of employment (Employer 1):* Please enter your previous employer (Employer 2):* Please enter your dates of employment (Employer 2):* Applicant's Consent and Release
Please read and acknowledge your understanding of our policies below:
1. The information I am presenting in this application is complete, true, and correct to the best of my knowledge. I understand that any falsification, misrepresentation, or omissions could result in the denial of my application, withdrawal of any offer of employment, or immediate discharge.
2. I understand The Carter Lumber Company and its representatives may contact my former employers, educational institutions, references, and other third parties to obtain information. I also understand that The Carter Lumber Company may provide such information to its parent company, affiliates, and other third parties. I hereby request, release, and consent to the release and disclosure of such information.
3. I further release and hold harmless The Carter Lumber Company, its parent company, affiliates, their officers, employers and agents, and any other parties inquiring about, investigating, furnishing, communicating, reviewing, or evaluating such information from any and all potential claims, demands, damages, liabilities, and/or actions of any kind arising from such activities, whether known or unknown to me presently, that I may have, now or in the future.
4. If employed, I agree to conform to the rules and regulations of The Carter Lumber Company and understand that I will be an employee at-will, and my employment may be terminated at any time by me or The Carter Lumber Company, with or without notice, for any reason. I understand that only the President of The Carter Lumber Company has the authority to enter into any agreement for employment or to make any agreement contrary to the foregoing.
5. The Carter Lumber Company does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, sex, national origin, or any other legally protected status.
TYPING YOUR NAME ACKNOWLEDGES YOUR UNDERSTANDING OF OUR POLICIES* Human Check*...