Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?**** As a condition of employment with American Red Cross, you are required to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated for COVID 19 or qualify for an exemption, except in states where it is prohibited by law. Accordingly, employment is conditioned on providing proof of vaccination or having an approved exemption prior to starting employment **** Join us-Where your Career is a Force for Good!Job Description:Why Choose Us?
As one of the nation's premier humanitarian organizations, the American Red Cross is dedicated to helping people in need throughout the United States and, in association with other Red Cross networks, throughout the world. When you join our team, you have a direct impact on a meaningful mission, and you can help save lives every day. If you share our passion for helping people, join us in this excellent career opportunity. Work where your career is a force for good.
We are committed to the diversity of our workforce and to delivering our programs and services in a culturally competent manner reflecting the communities we serve. Our work environment is collaborative, respectful, and inclusive with a focus on building allyship and a culture of belonging that empowers all team members. Come to learn, grow, and succeed while sharing your passion for making a difference.
The Red Cross supports a variety of cultural and community resource groups for employees and volunteers. From the Ability Network, our Asian American & Pacific Islander Resource Group, the Latino Resource Group, and Red Cross PRIDE, to the Umoja African American Resource Group, our Veterans+ Resource Group, and the Women's Resource Group, these networks provide connections, mentoring and help give voice to important concerns and opinions.
At the American Red Cross, your uniqueness can shine! WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (Job Overview):When you join our team you will be utilizing your healthcare and/or customer service skills to assist with every step of the blood collection process. This includes collaborating with your team to transport and setup equipment at the collection sites in local communities, creating a welcoming and comfortable environment for volunteer donors, and following all safety procedures while collecting lifesaving blood donations that are delivered to hospitals. The Red Cross offers paid phlebotomy training with the ability to grow your healthcare skills and career within the nation's top humanitarian organization. To learn more about being a phlebotomist and the impact you can make in this position, watch this short video:
rdcrss.org/lifesavingrole WHERE YOUR CAREER IS A FORCE GOOD (Key Responsibilities):
- Take the time to personally connect with donors - listen to their stories and help them understand how impactful their donation is.
- Collaborate with your teammates to create a welcoming and friendly environment so our volunteer donors feel comfortable coming back again and again.
- Be detailed oriented all day, every day. This ensures that the blood you collect meets goals, regulatory requirements and can be safely transfused
- May drive Red Cross vehicles and you will work with the team to setup and tear down equipment at the donation sites.
- Standard Schedule:
- To best meet the needs of our donors and community, staff work a variable schedule which may include early mornings, late nights, weekends and holidays. Overnight travel may be required in some locations.
- Schedule is provided 2-3 week in advance
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED (Minimum Qualifications):
- Pay Information:
- Starting rate $16.00
- Sign On Bonus: $1,500
WHAT WILL GIVE YOU THE COMPETITIVE EDGE (Preferred Qualifications):
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Customer service experience and effective verbal communication skills are required
- A current, valid driver's license with good driving record is required.
- Basic computer skills required
- Physical requirements may include the ability to lift up to 50 lbs., occasionally physically assisting donors experiencing an adverse reaction, as well as pushing or pulling heavy weights up and down ramps and stairs (potentially up to 250 lbs. in weight and with up to 75-degree angles). Physical requirements may be performed in adverse weather conditions. Ability to load and unload vehicles with or without reasonable accommodations.
- DOT certification may be required in some locations. If required, must pass applicable DOT physical and related requirements and be able to possess or obtain a medical certification of at least one-year duration.
BENEFITS FOR YOU:
- Prior healthcare or phlebotomy experience (CNA, MA, EMT etc)
- Prior leadership experience
We take care of you, while you take care of others. As a mission-based organization, we believe our team needs great support to do great work. Our comprehensive benefits help you in balancing home and work. With our resources and perks, you have amazing possibilities at the American Red Cross to advance the learn.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
- Medical, Dental Vision plans
- Health Spending Accounts & Flexible Spending Accounts
- PTO + Holidays
- 401K with 4% match
- Paid Family Leave
- Employee Assistance
- Disability and Insurance: Short + Long Term
- Service Awards and recognition
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life's emergencies don't stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights...