** Position Description**
**Dishwasher, Food & Beverage** Location **Lake Frederick, VA** Job Code **10409** # of Openings **1** **Trilogy at Lake Frederick: Shenandoah Lodge & Athletic Club**
The "Shenandoah Club" campus includes the Lodge, Athletic Club, and Shoreline Outfitter, and encompasses more than 36,000 square feet of indoor space along with an expansive lakeside veranda and patio beneath. The restaurant, Regions 117, and the Shenandoah Events Center are open to the public and available for dining reservations and private bookings.
**Where:** Located in the heart of Northern Virginias famed & majestic Shenandoah Valley
The Dishwasher position is responsible for maintaining a safe and sanitary kitchen work area and keeping restaurant equipment and utensils clean and organized in storage areas. This position reports to the Food & Beverage Supervisor.
* Keep dishwashing area clean and orderly; understand the importance of food safety and sanitation in the dishwashing process.
* Scrape food from dirty dishes and wash dishes, glasses, pots and pans, and other food service containers and kitchen appliances by hand or place in dishwashing machine, according to kitchen standards.
* Return all dishes and equipment to assigned storage areas.
* Sweep and mop kitchen floors; wash worktables, walls, refrigerators, and meat blocks, according to sanitation standards.
* Put garbage in designated containers, and steam clean or hose out garbage cans.
* Sort bottles, and break disposables in bottle crushing machine.
* Transfers dishes and equipment between work and storage areas.
* Wash and peel vegetables, set up banquet tables, load or unload trucks picking up or delivering supplies and food, and support kitchen and banquet staff in other ways as requested.
* Be aware of safety requirements and report unsafe situations, equipment problems, and accidents to the Food & Beverage Supervisor.
* Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
* Must be highly customer oriented and responsive with high need for closure.
* Able to work under pressure and balance multiple priorities and assignments.
* Strong team-building skills including the ability to lead, cooperate, and motivate.
* Must be role model and able to live our BlueStar core values:
+ Honesty and Integrity
+ Respect for the Individual
+ Competitive Spirit
**MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS**:
* High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
* One to three months of related experience preferred.
* Current Food Handlers Card.
* Ability to communicate positively and effectively with team members and supervisors about job tasks and responsibilities.
* Desire to contribute to a productive work environment by maintaining a good attitude with coworkers and the public.
* Must be self-motivated, follow direction, and able to work independently with little supervision.
* Must be able to consistently achieve high work standards; attention to detail, accuracy, and timeliness.
* Must demonstrate initiative and make independent decisions, based on sound judgment.
* Must be able to pay attention to multiple details and be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where continuous improvement is expected.
* This position requires a flexible schedule to include evenings and weekends.
This position operates in a kitchen environment and routinely uses sinks, dishwashers, and tools to clean dishes and kitchen appliances. Employees in this role are frequently exposed to hot water, potentially slippery floors, garbage disposals, and cleaning chemicals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to hear, see, speak clearly and understand the speech of another person, sometimes in a noisy environment. This position is very active and requires standing and walking for most of a work shift. The position requires the ability to lift, balance and carry, push and pull, bend, kneel, twist, and reach. The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds. Frequent hand washing is required. The employee must be able to navigate busy work areas.
***BLUESTAR RESORT & GOLF IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER***