Yorktown Systems Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No employee or applicant for employment is denied equal opportunity because of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, any other non-merit-based factor, or other characteristics protected by law. As part of the company's equal employment opportunity policy, Yorktown Systems Group, Inc. will also take affirmative action as called for by applicable laws and Executive Orders to ensure that minority group individuals, females, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, other protected veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and qualified disabled persons are introduced into our workforce and considered for promotional opportunities.ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Yorktown Systems Group, Inc. is a committed team of dedicated former military and civilian professionals who believe in providing ethical and quality services to Government customers. Our leadership team is composed primarily of Veterans who are now serving in a corporate environment rather than in uniform. Our customer's missions become our own and we are committed to working as a team to achieve success.
Because of the depth and experiences of our corporate leadership, we can assure all our customers that "we will do what we say we can do" and will focus on our customer's missions rather than corporate goals. Our business model is based on a personal commitment from our leaders to maintain contact with our customers to continually and consistently gauge our performance.
Yorktown Systems Group was founded on the idea that providing quality and ethical services with a laser focus on our customer's goals is an effective long-term business model. Our mission, therefore, is to help our customers meet their requirements and goals.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant. This provision shall not apply to instances in which an employee who has access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of such employee's essential job functions discloses the compensation of such other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to such information, unless such disclosure is in response to a formal complaint or charge, in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or is consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
TEFOR PD UAS Operator
Fort Eustis, VA - Fort Eustis, VA 23604 US (Primary)
Yorktown systems Group is seeking highly qualified TEFOR PD - UAS Operator
to provide professional services and support to the TRADOC Deputy Chief of Staff for Intelligence (G-2) Operational Environment (OE) and Core Functions. The Operational Environment (OE) is a composite of the conditions, circumstances, and influences that affect the employment of military forces and bear on the decisions of the unit commander. As an organic, complex system, the OE provides the common framework in which warfighting programs and strategies are conceived, defined, and executed. It is a living foundation in which choices made, by adversary and allies alike, affect the outcome of the future which must be accounted for. As adversary's asymmetrical approach to warfare continues to generate greater complexity and flexibility, the government's requirement for similar complexity and adaptability in Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTPs) escalates correspondingly.
TRADOC Deputy Chief of Staff for Intelligence (G-2)'s mission is to understand, visualize, describe, deliver & assess the OE in order to reduce risk and prevent surprise; today and into the future 2035+. TRADOC G-2 is the designated Lead for Core Function #13 Operational Environment; the process of developing, verifying, validating, accrediting, and providing OE products and services represents an authoritative, validated OE contextual baseline for TRADOC users and operational forces in the areas of training and training development; education; leader development; concept and doctrine development; and capabilities development, integration, and evaluation.Specific duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure assets are available to meet customer operations tempo.
- Participate in all aspects of flight operations and acts as a liaison with customers on multiple levels.
- Participate in planning associated with potential operations and coordinates with Maintenance on repairs and flight testing and related technical analysis.
- Safely operate multiple UAS platforms to include multi-rotor and fixed wing assets, knowledge and experience operating associated flight planning and flight management software in support of the Commercial UAS group conducting services and training operations.
- Plan and conduct UAS operations in the U.S. national airspace in compliance with applicable Federal Aviation Administration Regulations.
- Develop and review technical documentation such as maintenance manuals, aircraft checklists, and flight training devices/equipment.
- Support the development and execution of Training Support Packages (TSP) and Programs of Instruction (POI) as required.
- Bachelor's Degrees with 3+ years professional aviation experience (Manned or Unmanned) or equivalent education/experience combined, with minimum High School Diploma with 5+ years professional aviation experience (Manned or Unmanned)
- Operational experience: Manned and/or Unmanned aircraft operating (Pilot/Remote Pilot) experience
- Ability to meet the medical requirements appropriate to the FAA Airman Certificate held
- Willingness to travel and accept assignment to any location for which selected, domestic or international; open to shift work/overtime as required
- Military or civilian aviation maintenance background with strong knowledge of UAS platforms and an understanding of aviation operations, to include; planning, maintenance, equipment preparation and evaluation, conduct of UAS missions, data collection and general processing technics.
- Strong communication and technical writing skills.
- Proficient with MS Office applications, to include Access, and possess a high level of proficiency with flight management software, UAS flight planning programs and maintenance documentation.
Secret Clearance is RequiredLocation:
Travel is required