Senior Composite Technician
Eagle Technologies, LLC (Newport News, VA) is seeking qualified Composite Technicians for leading edge Aerospace Projects. Eagle Technologies designs and manufactures aircraft systems and components for the aerospace industry, with a niche in rotor blade and prop blade development. We are AS9100 Rev D certified in all aspects of our operation, working routinely in both composites and aerospace metals. For more information visit our webpage at www.eagleaviationtech.com
Our Composite Technicians manufacture complex composite parts and assemblies for the aerospace industry while maintaining rigorous compliance to aerospace level quality documentation requirements.Summary of Duties & Responsibilities with little to no supervision
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Constructs wet layups and/or Pre-Pregs of carbon fiber, fiberglass, and/or Kevlar.
- Utilize various methods such as compression molds, vacuum bagging, and compression bladders.
- Familiar with Vacuum Infusion techniques.
- Operates ovens and Autoclave according to the specifications for the materials being used to complete bonding cycle.
- Performs part-fitting operations included but not limited to filing, sawing, burring, crimping, trimming, framing, riveting, drilling, and reaming.
- Bonds a variety of materials to parts, components, assemblies, equipment, or structures to complete semi-finished or finished products.
- Installation of different arrays of fasteners, rivets, nutplates, and other hardware components.
- May document new processes, recommend updates for existing processes, and reviews drawings in support of engineering.
- Monitors and verifies quality of finished product.
- Measures parts with micrometers and calipers to verify dimensions.
- Familiar with mixing Resins and Epoxies.
- Follow operating procedures, engineering instructions, and other recognized methods of instructions.
- Perform a variety of manufacturing activities involved in the preparation and fabrication of composite aerospace parts and assembly operations in both development and production environments.
- Sets up and operates machines to cut, shape, sand and finish components.
- Constructs full-sized and scaled precision models of products
- Other activities as may be directed
Credentials and Experience
- Team Player with outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational success.
- Good Math and Mechanical Aptitude desired.
- Proficiency with various shop equipment including cutting/grinding tools, composite curing ovens, autoclave processing, table saw, band saws, etc.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, schematics or engineering drawings.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds required.
- Will work on government contracts.
- HS Degree or equivalent required.
- 10+ years' experience in aerospace fabrications/manufacturing/scaled models.
- Must be a US Citizen.
Eagle Technologies, LLC offers a full-time position with full benefits, competitive pay and opportunity to grow within a cutting-edge aerospace company.
$20-$35+ per hour based on experience. Opportunities for staff leadership positions do exist for qualified individuals.
Eagle Technologies, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.Job Type