** Laborer (Industrial Cleaning)**
Virginia, MN 55792
* **Deliberately Safe** We believe all safety incidents are avoidable when everyone operates with a deliberate mindset. We are deliberately proactive and thorough in training and job planning. We are deliberately safe in our everyday operations and decision-making.
* **Build with Intention** We build with intention. Whether in the office or the field, we work with grit and determination toward a better future for everyone involved. We leave things better than we found them, and never leave a job until were proud to put the Veit name on it.
* **Leaders Dig First** Egos have no place at Veit. We expect everyone on our team to dig in with a leadership mentality. That means being willing to jump in, take ownership, and get mud on our boots especially when times get challenging.
* **Real Relationships** Like our work, we approach relationships authentically, with a long-term mindset. Whether youre a client partner, vendor, or team member, we make an effort to build a more meaningful connection with you by communicating with respect and honesty.
* **Integrity in Everything** As part of the Veit family, everything we do and say reflects on this entire company. We act with integrity, which means treating others just as we want to be treated, doing the right thing, and holding ourselves accountable.
**Never settle, dig deeper.**
**Our Core Values**
Veit is one of the countrys leading specialty contractors, with over 90 years of experience and the best people in the industry. We pride ourselves on our relentless pursuit to push the construction industry forward and deliver for our customers. Our modern fleet of iron, diverse expertise, and unmatched determination allow us to successfully tackle some of the largest and most complex projects across every sector while also living out our values every day. Our company culture is one where everyone pitches in to get the job done, regardless of job title or seniority. We do everything we can to maintain an atmosphere where family comes first. We want every one of our employees to look forward to each day at work and make it home safe and happy at the end of the day.
Veit is seeking laborers for a temporary, two-week project in Virginia, MN. This position performs physical labor at Industrial Cleaning mining and manufacturing facilities. Labor may include cleaning tanks, working with vacuum trucks, and performing hydro blasting. Work will take place at Cleveland Cliffs and/or US Steel mines in Virginia, MN from April 19, 2022 May 3, 2022. Onboarding will take place April 15 & 18. Daytime and night shifts available.
**Essential Duties and Responsibilities**
* Performs a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labor at construction project sites.
* Ensures that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed. Brings any concerns to the attention of the project Foreman, Superintendent, General Superintendent, Safety Director or Management.
* Works with industrial cleaning and hydro blasting equipment including vacuum trucks.
* Cleans process equipment.
* Maintains a clean job site at all times. Picks up all material, tools, and small equipment and secure job site each day in order to eliminate potential hazards.
* Responsible for material handling and storage.
* Performs cleaning of storage tanks and working in industrial sites.
* Keeps project foreman, superintendent, or general superintendent informed of known actions, written or verbal, which may affect the ability to successfully perform tasks at construction project sites or adversely affect Company operations.
* Other projects or duties as assigned by a supervisor.
**Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities**
* MSHA Part 48 Certification, 40-hour HAZWOPER, confined space entry, OSHA-30, and First Aid/CPR certifications required
* Class A or B Commercial Drivers License (CDL), DOT Medical Card, or the ability to obtain.
* Ability to wear a respirator.
* Ability to view and understand Veits safety training video.
* Willingness and ability to perform manual work.
* Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency as required by management and/or project requirements.
* Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test.
* Position requires 12-hour workdays in two shifts (1st shift and 3rd shift).
* Must be a member in good standing of a labor union or have the ability to join.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by any employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to lift and/or move up to 100 pounds and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions. Often required to sit, stand, walk, bend knees, stretch arms, talk and hear. Occasionally required to stoop or kneel.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those employees encountered while performing the essential functions of this job. Employee is exposed to environmental conditions, working near machines and loud noises associated with construction sites. Exposed to variable weather conditions including rain, snow, wind, cold and heat....