** Position Description**
**Host/Hostess at Region's 117** Location **Lake Frederick, VA** Job Code **10668** # of Openings **1** **Trilogy at Lake Frederick: Shenandoah Lodge & Athletic Club**
The "Shenandoah Club" campus includes the Lodge, Athletic Club, and Shoreline Outfitter, and encompasses more than 36,000 square feet of indoor space along with an expansive lakeside veranda and patio beneath. The restaurant, Regions 117, and the Shenandoah Events Center are open to the public and available for dining reservations and private bookings.
**Where:** Located in the heart of Northern Virginias famed & majestic Shenandoah Valley
The Host or Hostess greets guests as they arrive to the dining area and seats them at tables, coordinating the seating with the food servers. This position reports to the Food & Beverage Manager.
* Greet and serve guests in an energetic and friendly fashion.
* Monitor the dining area and select tables for guest seating, depending on food server activity and guest comfort; show the guests to their tables.
* Create a welcoming atmosphere and provide excellent hospitality by having a working knowledge of the resort facility and dining area, and be able to respond to guest questions about the menu and speak with enthusiasm about other resort services.
* Answer the telephone and take reservations and to-go orders.
* Work as team with food servers; assist servers with clearing plates and refilling drinks, according to service etiquette.
* Handle cash and card transactions, ensure charges are accurate and return correct change to guests, if required.
* Notice and report potential safety issues or customer concerns to a supervisor.
* Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
* Must be highly customer oriented and responsive with high need for closure.
* Able to work under pressure and balance multiple priorities and assignments.
* Strong team-building skills including the ability to lead, cooperate, and motivate.
* Must be role model and able to live our BlueStar core values:
+ Honesty and Integrity
+ Respect for the Individual
+ Competitive Spirit
**MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS:**
* High School diploma equivalent preferred.
* One to three months related server experience preferred.
* Must meet the state and federal minimum age requirement for serving alcohol, if applicable.
* Current Food Handlers Card and TIPS Certification (Training for Intervention Procedures).
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide; must be able to calculate discounts, and percentages
* Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memorandums.
* Ability to speak effectively and present information to another person and in small group situations with guests and team members.
* Ability to communicate positively and effectively with team members and supervisors about job tasks and responsibilities.
* Desire to contribute to a productive work environment by maintaining a positive attitude with team members and the public.
* Must be self-motivated, follow direction, and able to work independently with little supervision.
* Must demonstrate initiative, with an ability to think, work, solve practical problems, and make independent decisions based on sound judgment.
* Must have good time management, organizational, and follow-up skills.
* Must be able to pay attention to multiple details and be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where continuous improvement is expected.
* This position requires a flexible schedule to include evenings and weekends.
This position typically operates in an indoor restaurant setting, but an employee may also be required to work on a patio or for an outdoor event, with exposure to outdoor weather conditions and occasionally native wildlife. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. Outdoor environments may require walking on variable terrain while carrying items and navigating typical event obstacles, including, but not limited to, groups of people, table set ups and decorations, plants and the natural landscape.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to hear, see, speak clearly and understand the speech of another person, sometimes in a noisy environment. This position is very active and requires standing and walking for most of a work shift. The position may require the ability to lift, balance and carry, bend, reach, and serve from trays weighing up to 20 pounds.
***BLUESTAR RESORT & GOLF IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER***