Virginia Oncology Associates, the largest group of medical professionals in Hampton Roads and Northeast North Carolina devoted exclusively to cancer care and blood disorders, has an exciting opportunity for a Scribe to support our Williamsburg office.
* Please take this quick survey once you've submitted your resume to complete the application process: Scribe PI Survey Link
* Follows physician through his or her work day and charts patient encounters in real-time using medical office's Electronic Health Record and existing templates
* Generate referral letters for physicians, manage and sort medical documents within the EHR system, and assist with e-prescribing
* May handle data management tasks for physicians in real-time
* Applies knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology to the transcription of proofreading of medical dictation from originators
* Transcribes physician dictation to include notes, letters, history and physical reports, hospital dismissal/interval notes, sign-out lists, and other physician correspondence or typing as requested
* Clarifies dictation that is unclear or incomplete, seeking assistance as necessary
* High school diploma or equivalent required
* Previous medical scribe experience is strongly preferred
* Clinical/healthcare experience in oncology/hematology preferred
* Typing at least 60 wpm
* G2 or other EMR experience is a plus
* CMT certification preferred
* Must be willing to travel to various clinic locations as needed...