Gloucester County Public Schools -
Substitute - Custodian
Custodial Services/Custodian, Substitute
Gloucester County Public Schools
ImmediatelyGLOUCESTER COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
To apply, please visit Employment at to complete an online application.
POSITION TITLE: Substitute Custodian
FLSA: Non-Exempt, On Call, As Needed
SALARY: $12.00 per hour
GENERAL STATEMENT: In the absence of the regularly-assigned custodian, the substitute custodian performs routine cleaning in assigned areas in order to provide the proper building sanitation. Working under the limited supervision of school administrators and/or custodial foreman, the position responds to other miscellaneous requests submitted, such as minor maintenance tasks. The substitute custodian uses prescribed chemicals, hand tools, and machines to keep the school division facility and grounds in a safe, clean, and orderly condition.
1. Demonstrated aptitude for successful completion of tasks
2. Ability to perform work independently
3. Satisfactory completion of all onboarding requirements prior to first day of employment, including, but not limited to:
- Documentation of eligibility for employment in the U.S.
- Virginia State Police/FBI criminal history background check
- Virginia Department of Social Services background check
- Tuberculosis test/screening completed within the last 12 months
1. Completes cleaning schedule for areas assigned, within the frequency requirements provided
2. Conducts routine tours of the grounds and facility as assigned in the schedule
3. Maintains a positive public relations attitude with all staff and students
4. Routinely inspects those areas outlined in the schedule for possible safety hazards, and reports such hazards to the foreman
5. Acts in a courteous and respectful manner, using good judgment and appropriate communication skills at all times
6. Maintains a high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality regarding students, parents, and other staff members
7. Models non-discriminatory behavior in all activities
8. Performs related work as required
Position entails frequent climbing, bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, talking, and other repetitive motions. Must have the use of sensory skills as normally defined by the ability to see, read, talk, hear, handle or feel objects and controls.
Position entails frequent exposure to body fluids and excrement, work-related chemicals, gasses, occasional orders, fumes, noise, and other job-related materials.
Gloucester County Public Schools reserves the right to delete, add, or revise provisions of this vacancy announcement should the position be re-advertised. This includes the position title, minimum and preferred qualifications, working conditions, and essential duties. Gloucester County Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, creed, marital status, age, or disability in its educational programs, activities, or employment practices as required by the Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, Section 504 and ADA regulations....