Electrical Apprentice - Ruther Glen, VA
Location Caroline County, VA
Apply Now (
An Electrician Apprentice assists in the installation of electrical equipment in accordance with all applicable plans, specifications, codes and industry standards.
- You will assist with:
- Assembling, installing, testing, and maintaining electrical or electronic wiring, conduit, cable, equipment, components and devices associated with electrical equipment, following blueprints of electrical layouts and building plans.
- Installing and mounting electronic controls, device, panels, sensors, and components.
- Performing interlock wiring as required.
- Testing electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices.
- Inspecting installation sites and studying work orders, building plans, and installation manuals in order to determine materials requirements and installation procedures.
- Diagnosing malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Reading contract drawings.
- Trouble shooting EMS systems, smart breakers, and relays.
Qualifications / Skills Sets / Expectations:
- High School diploma or GED required with 0-2 years of experience
- Reliable Transportation
- Must successfully pass a background check and drug test post offer
- Must have a valid driver's license, good driving record.
- Must be committed to excellence and generate a high quality of work.
- Must consistently report to work on time, work well with other employees to accomplish a common goal, and maintain a safe work environment.
- Must wear an M.C. Dean, Inc. hard hat and safety glasses at all times while on the job site.
- Must wear OSHA approved boot length pants and a shirt that covers the shoulders by seven (7) inches. These are not provided by the Company.
- Vocational school or education training is a plus.
- Lifts at least 100 pounds at one time and 60 pounds for an extended period of time.
- Relocates a 12 foot stepladder without assistance.
- Works at various heights up to 60 feet and can climb and maintain balance on scaffolds, aerial lifts, catwalks and all types of ladders.
- Walks, climbs, lifts, squats, crawls, kneels, pushes, pulls and reaches overhead on a routine and repetitive basis.
- Possess good vision (may be corrected vision), the ability to see in color, and the ability to hear and communicate in English.
- May use a standard ladder without exceeding the weight limit while carrying tools.
- Tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (including finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
- See details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
Applicants for this position may be required to prove that they have received the COVID-19 vaccine or demonstrate that they have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled VEVRAA Contractor