The Evening Actor Interpreter for our popular theatrical programs, including trial programs like Cry Witch, To Hang a Pirate and Trial of a Patriot as well as other ensemble cast programs help to teach 18th century history to diverse audiences using a variety of performance techniques and educational themes while also providing exceptional guest service and experiences.Work To Be Performed:
Teach 18th century history by:
- Interpreting 18th century Williamsburg and Virginia history
- Using a variety of presentation techniques to meet the needs of diverse audiences
- Interpreting, participating in, and supporting a variety of seasonal and special events
- Engaging in program preparation, rehearsal, public performance and/or interpretation as assigned
- Successfully performing the work assignment as prepared by Programmatic Personnel in accordance with the approved standards for the particular presentation and site. The employee will not alter, or cause to be altered, the approved set up arrangement including blocking, scripting ET.
Provide exceptional customer service by:
- Modeling the organizational values of stewardship, customer service, hospitality and respect for people
- Managing guest/employee service
- Orienting visitors
- Maintaining a caring attitude guided by integrity, truthfulness, fairness, courtesy and respect for the individual
Work collaboratively to achieve the mission of Colonial Williamsburg by:
- Modeling the organization's personal/professional expectations
- Participating as an active member of a team
Perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications:
- Competencies usually acquired through completion of 4 years of college or 2-4 years' experience in storytelling, character interpretation, theatre, music, dance, or related field, OR any combination of education and experience that fulfill the responsibilities of the job AND completion of established Foundation, Division, and Department training requirements.
- General knowledge of Colonial Williamsburg Foundation policies and procedures; familiarity with physical layout of Historic Area and interior of exhibition buildings.
- Interviews, clearings and or auditions are required for some positions.
- Must have exceptional problem-solving skills, including the demonstrated ability to be proactive in a reactive situation.
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule including nights, holidays and weekends. Must be able to provide annual availability that includes a minimum of 2 evenings per week on a regular basis and up to 4 evenings per week during periods of peak demand, when required.
- Must have good overall attendance, work ethic, and attitude to lead a team of co-workers.
- Ability to work in all types of weather including rain, snow, wind, heat, humidity, and storms, and to come in daily contact with allergens, including pollen and dust