Yorktown Systems Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No employee or applicant for employment is denied equal opportunity because of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, any other non-merit-based factor, or other characteristics protected by law. As part of the company's equal employment opportunity policy, Yorktown Systems Group, Inc. will also take affirmative action as called for by applicable laws and Executive Orders to ensure that minority group individuals, females, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, other protected veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and qualified disabled persons are introduced into our workforce and considered for promotional opportunities.ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Yorktown Systems Group, Inc. is a committed team of dedicated former military and civilian professionals who believe in providing ethical and quality services to Government customers. Our leadership team is composed primarily of Veterans who are now serving in a corporate environment rather than in uniform. Our customer's missions become our own and we are committed to working as a team to achieve success.
Because of the depth and experiences of our corporate leadership, we can assure all our customers that "we will do what we say we can do" and will focus on our customer's missions rather than corporate goals. Our business model is based on a personal commitment from our leaders to maintain contact with our customers to continually and consistently gauge our performance.
Yorktown Systems Group was founded on the idea that providing quality and ethical services with a laser focus on our customer's goals is an effective long-term business model. Our mission, therefore, is to help our customers meet their requirements and goals.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant. This provision shall not apply to instances in which an employee who has access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of such employee's essential job functions discloses the compensation of such other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to such information, unless such disclosure is in response to a formal complaint or charge, in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or is consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Gaming & Visualization (G&V) Full Stack Software Developer
Fort Eustis, VA - Fort Eustis, VA 23604 US (Primary)
Yorktown Systems Group is seeking highly qualified G&V Full Stack Software Developerto provide professional services and support to the TRADOC Deputy Chief of Staff for Intelligence (G-2) Operational Environment (OE) and Core Functions. The Operational Environment (OE) is a composite of the conditions, circumstances, and influences that affect the employment of military forces and bear on the decisions of the unit commander. As an organic, complex system, the OE provides the common framework in which warfighting programs and strategies are conceived, defined, and executed. It is a living foundation in which choices made, by adversary and allies alike, affect the outcome of the future which must be accounted for. As adversary's asymmetrical approach to warfare continues to generate greater complexity and flexibility, the government's requirement for similar complexity and adaptability in Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTPs) escalates correspondingly.
TRADOC Deputy Chief of Staff for Intelligence (G-2)'s mission is to understand, visualize, describe, deliver & assess the OE in order to reduce risk and prevent surprise; today and into the future 2035+. TRADOC G-2 is the designated Lead for Core Function #13 Operational Environment; the process of developing, verifying, validating, accrediting, and providing OE products and services represents an authoritative, validated OE contextual baseline for TRADOC users and operational forces in the areas of training and training development; education; leader development; concept and doctrine development; and capabilities development, integration, and evaluation. Specific duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as part of a larger architecture, engineering, development, and testing team, collaborating on the various layers of the infrastructure for a web-based planning and simulation system in coordination with DOD teams.
- Work alongside multiple disciplines of developers and find the best solutions to complex/challenging problems
- Design overall architecture of the web application, both web and back-end applications.
- Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of applications.
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team to design and launch new features.
- Maintain code integrity and organization.
- Understand and implement security and data protection.
- shall use government provided COTS/GOTS developer kits to produce gaming products affirmatively in the format of visualizations, mini-games, and multi-player trainers. These products shall include 3-D model configuration, and creation of software tools to support visualization production.
- Programmers shall also create and maintain modifications of existing gaming technology to fit a specific training need. Capabilities shall include experience in Local-Area Network, Mobile, and distributed, persistent gaming methods.
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must possess six years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field with three years' work experience or completed Software Development Program with four years' work experience
- Proficiency with an Object-Oriented Programming Language (e.g. Java, C++, C#, etc.), and OOP design patterns
- Working experience with *nix servers and shell scripting
- Working experience with Java, CoffeeScript, Node.js, Python.
- Basic experience with SQL (PostgreSQL, MySQL, or similar).
- Knowledge of tools such as Git, Maven.
- Knowledge of JS frameworks (e.g. Angular 2, React, Knockout)
- Strong language and writing skills
- Excellent organizational skills
Must possess a SECRET security clearance, TS/SCI is desired. Location:
FT Eustis, VA Travel:
Some travel may be required